Re: emacs-dynamic-module in Emacs Git?

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: emacs-dynamic-module in Emacs Git?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 21:40:34 +0100

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
> OK, dynamic-modules was rebased, squashed to a single commit, and pushed
> to branch "dynamic-modules-rc1". I added ChangeLogs and renamed
> Makefile to Makefile.in in all the modules, but otherwise this is pretty
> much what Aurélien wrote.

You forgot to include the opaque module in SUBDIR_MAKEFILES.

I'm currently on a different computer than usual and although loading works, calling any external symbol from a lib linked against the module crashes emacs (similar error with yaml).

./src/emacs: symbol lookup error: /home/aaptel/dev/emacs/modules/curl/curl.so: undefined symbol: curl_global_init

Strangely enough the module file doesn't show any curl dependency with ldd, although it was compiled with -lcurl.

$ ldd curl.so
    linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb7757000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xb757f000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7758000)

I don't know what's wrong (probably comes from my system).