Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 05:43:17 +0200

> From: chad <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 15:39:21 -0800
>
> Haven't the Texinfo maintainers already repeatedly said "yes, we
> know the new version is very slow. We can't find anyone to do the
> necessary work otherwise.", thus forcing the choice between speed
> and unicode support?

It wasn't about Unicode support (Texinfo 4.x did it almost as well,
the difference being in the language, not in the translator).  The
issue at hand was the continued development of makeinfo per se.

Meanwhile, isn't there a way to compile Perl programs into C?  Maybe
this will make the result acceptable.