Re: Patch queue management systems

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Patch queue management systems
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:50:36 -0500

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:39:51 +0100 David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

DK> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

>> Stefan, Glenn: any chance we can get a contributor repo set up that's
>> just like the Emacs repo but allows non-fast-forward pushes, and whose
>> commits go to emacs-diffs?  Even better would be if user X could only
>> push to branches "X/.*"

DK> Doesn't need a separate repo: a server side commit hook refusing
DK> non-fast-forward pushes (more exactly: updating the reference after the
DK> commit object is already there) on any path not starting, say, with
DK> dev/, should be easily possible.

Works for me (I've only set it up globally, so I didn't know it was
selectively possible).  Can you or one of the other admins set it up?
It would be very helpful.  A "dev/" prefix is fine by me, and makes it
easy to automatically fetch the relevant upstreams, something like:

[remote "origin"]
        fetch = +refs/dev/*/head:refs/remotes/origin/dev/*

Thanks
Ted