Re: NSM certificate prompt

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: NSM certificate prompt
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 18:01:26 +0200

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 16:12:52 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >   Issued by:          Google Internet Authority G2
> >   Issued to:          Google Inc
> >   Hostname:           accounts.google.com
>
> If I go to https://accounts.google.com, I do not get any warnings.
> (This is on Debian.)  Is it possible that your CA bundle doesn't include
> the Google Internet Authority G2 CA root certificate?

GnuTLS on Windows doesn't by default use the CA bundle, it uses the
Windows's own certificate store.  I don't know how to examine that
store, except by writing a program that accesses it.  If the
conclusion is that this is the source of the problem, I'll do that,
but I wonder how both MS IE and Firefox have no problems with that on
the same system.