Re: NSM certificate prompt

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: NSM certificate prompt
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 19:06:11 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 17:57:03 +0100
>
> A better solution might be to use system-installed certificates. For
> example, Debian offers the package ca-certificates. It installs known
> certificates at /usr/share/ca-certificates, which could be used.
> See also /usr/share/doc/ca-certificates/README.Debian.
>
> Similar packages might exist for other systems. Don't know, whether
> gnutls uses them already by default.

It does, and I do have the certificate bundle installed on the system
I'm experiencing this.  But I configured GnuTLS to use the Windows's
certificate store for now, so the bundle is not used in my build of
GnuTLS.  I can change that, but I don't yet have sufficient
information to claim that this is the root cause for the problem.  See
my other messages.  I'd like to understand the problem more before I
decide to dig into the code or ask GnuTLS developers a question.  I
still feel this is somehow a configuration issue, or maybe Emacs
doesn't use GnuTLS correctly, at least on Windows.