Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info mus

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:29:47 -0500

On 12/17/2014 12:54 PM, Sven Axelsson wrote:
> I have watched several of the recent threads  [...] So, why?
>

>From the peanut gallery, I think the 'why' is expressed better in terms
of personal politics than anything technical.  The Git transition, I
think, has made Eric feel a great sense of ownership.  He's trying to
polish stuff up that he sees as dingy.

I don't think he's crazy.  I do think his actions look selfish and
self-aggrandizing.  Presenting a doc format change as a fait accomplis,
"I already talked to daddy, so here's what we're going to do..." is ...

Well, It's sufficiently obviously bad politics, so obviously counter to
FOSS decisionmaking patterns  (which Eric can articulate with the best
of them), that I really wonder if it was _designed_ to create the teapot
tempest which has evolved.    As a strategy to exhaust thought leaders,
a bikeshed storm works pretty well.

414 messages at the moment in my buffer on this thread.  I'm just glad
Stefan isn't bleeding much mental effort into the issue.

FWIW, IMO:  Keep info. There's nothing that's obviously better, and
arguing about it is a big waste of time.

- Allen S. Rout