Re: Creating a coding system

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Creating a coding system
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 03:31:09 +0900

David Kastrup writes:

 > Maybe a coding system is not even the right way to do this, but at
 > least it seems like a builtin mechanism and consequently fast.

I think a coding system is the right way to do it, but you probably
need to construct the coding system a different way.  You might need
to write a little CCL (Aidan Kehoe can probably help if Handa-san is
unavailable).  There's some CCL documentation in the XEmacs manuals,
but it's probably not much more than a Texinfoization of the comments
in the files defining CCL.