Re: HTML-Info design

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 07:57:13 +0000

> Could we AJAX-ify (as Lennart suggested earlier) by pulling down the
> first 10k (or whatever is enough to display the menu), and then grab
> the rest in the background?  Also a logistics job (in a different way)
> but it would be really cool if users could point this at arbitrary
> texi2any HTML output!

I think that would not be optimal.

Info is handily built into nodes. The problem with my current gnudoc app
is that it's proxying from GNU's website, so there are two HTTP
roundtrips. It would all be fine if there was just one for each node.

And consider that the information is very cachable (and I already do
cache it heavily) so most people won't be paying the cost of even a disc
load.

The thing is this work (the logistics of all repos for documentation)
has to be done to extend the manuals beyond the Emacs ones. So it has to
be done anyway to progress my project.

Nic