Re: HTML-Info design

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 22:16:07 +0000

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

>> We can have different code, surely?
>
> I don't understand your objection. Yet, we can have different code.
>
> Especially if the data all different versions of code work with, is
> the same.

I guess I just don't understand why we would attempt to use the same
code for different mediums.

I don't understand why we want to alter info much right now. It seems we
DO want to add the ability to use images. That seems sensible. But
any other changes? why? The only other change I can see being sensible
is that we maybe need to allow additional authorial formats other than
texinfo. But I don't see why that impinges on the info viewer at all
really. That's just conversion of whatever authorial format TO info.

We also want to view info manuals in browsers or mobile phones. We want
to support free software platforms there first. But that still means
an HTML/Javascript/CSS viewer.

Nic