Re: HTML-Info design

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 21:37:22 -0500

>> But this is largely unrelated to the "inside Emacs manual browsing",
>> because there's no way Emacs will be able to render this kind of
>> HTML+Javascript efficiently any time soon, I think.
> As long as the JavaScript code is using some standardized metadata present
> in the document, we could reimplement it in Elisp without too much trouble,
> I think.

I was talking about making Emacs interpret Nic's JS code.

Whereas IIUC you're talking about making Emacs render Texinfo's HTML
output and provide an Info-mode-style UI for it.  That can be done
regardless of Nic's code.

So, it seems we agree: Nic's code is not meant as a replacement for
info.el.

        Stefan