Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info mus

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Have you all gone crazy? Was: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 00:57:15 +0100

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've decided to reject the idea of depending on a net connection
> for searching our documentation.  Please take this as decided.

I do accept that.

But that does not mean such an alternative can not be valuable too.
New users will probably mostly use that approach to begin with.

What I have tried to show is that it is quite easy to setup. And flexible.

Since I did most of the work for another purpose it is already done.
(Nearly. I need to automate some more things, though.)

At the moment I wonder how a search engine can be integrated with what
Nic is trying to do and the work on the Info index that Eli has done.