Re: [Proposed Minor-mode] Speed of thought Lisp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Proposed Minor-mode] Speed of thought Lisp
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 09:49:57 -0500

>    - C-c f :: Find function under point. If it is not defined, create a
>    definition for it below the current function and leave point inside.
>    - C-c v :: Same, but for variable.

For variables (and macros and defsubst), it's important that the
declaration be *before* rather than "below".  For plain functions I also
like to define them before I use them, tho it's not indispensable.

> Cheers to all, and please let me hear your thoughts!

Sounds neat.  Even neater would be to make the list dynamic.
As suggested on g.e.h, it could do a "completion with `initials' style",
selecting the first completion, with sorting based on frequency hints.

        Stefan