Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 51e7e46: Font-lock elisp macros/special forms d

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 51e7e46: Font-lock elisp macros/special forms dynamically
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 12:34:03 -0400

>>> Isn't font-lock-flush supposed to be cheap?
>> If you use jit-lock-mode, yes.  If not, no.
> Using it is the default.  Is there a good reason a user might have
> disabled it for elisp buffers?

There ideally shouldn't be a good reason, no.  It can be very useful
while debugging font-lock-keywords, and things like that, but for
"normal" use, jit-lock-mode should always be used in Elisp buffers.

> If no one objects, I'm going to install the patch below anytime soon
> when the master branch bootstraps again without
>   Eager macro-expansion failure: (void-function cl-every)

Isn't this fixed already (at least, the cl-every I introduced has
disappeared as a side-effect of a subsequent change)?

        Stefan