Re: Can we make set_point_both less expensive?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Can we make set_point_both less expensive?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 16:47:52 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:35:10 -0400
>
> BTW, I now remember that re-running pre-redisplay-function (and then
> redisplay) is already implemented in xdisp.c.

So do you still claim that pre-redisplay-function is only run "before
redisplay", where "we can be sure the value of point is the one that
will be shown to the user"?  Or do you now understand the nature of my
concerns?

IOW, do you still think pre-redisplay-function is the place to put
this logic of "cursor-intangible", or maybe there's a better place?