Re: Can we make set_point_both less expensive?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Can we make set_point_both less expensive?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:58:02 -0400

>> AFAIK this "elsewhere" is still "before redisplay".
> No, it's "during redisplay".

It's right after an incomplete redisplay, and right before the
next redisplay.  I count this as still "before redisplay" since it's
immediately followed by redisplay.

>> > Where we set the cursor, of course.
>> What if it moves point outside the window?
> It can't.

That's a misfeature: when using cursor-intangible to force going from
field to field, it may very well be that C-n makes you jump to the next
field which is past window-end (even though C-n itself just jumped to
the next char which is still before window-end), so it should be
possible for the handling of cursor-intangible to move point outside of
the window.

        Stefan