Re: VC mode and git

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:20:05 -0700

On 03/24/2015 08:57 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
> I think that C-x v v, when it commits changes, should also push them.
> This would make git more comparable to other version control systems.

Absolutely not. Git is decentralized system. The whole point is to
separate *my* history from *your* history. This is incredibly powerful
facility that Emacs should not try to bypass in order to make git work
more like the obsolete version control systems it supplanted.

It's not even clear how the feature would work. The upstream for a
particular git repository isn't always clear. If you want to work like
that, you're free to configure your system to do so. What you propose is
very much not idiomatic.