Re: VC mode and git

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:57:25 +0100

> Though, I'm dreaming of using one and only one interface for the
> common backends I'm using (currently SVN and Git).

An understandable desire: my fingers picked up the vc-* command
sequences way back on vc-rcs.el and vc-cvs.el and I'm really happy that
they still work on vc-git.el (and vc-svn.el and even vc-hg.el and
vc-bzr.el when I've had to look at projects managed by these).

But at the same time I've always used something other (and something not
distributed with emacs) for the directory/multi file commits: pcl-cvs
for CVS and svn-status (from psvn) for svn... so using magit here
doesn't feel so strange.