Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagno

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:58:17 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> typopunc.el is authored by Oliver Scholz who seems to have copyright
> assignment signed, but the wiki page contains a lot of code snippets
> seemingly required to get the most out of the package.

I’m using typopunct.el and all I needed was this:

  (require 'typopunct)
  (typopunct-change-language 'english t)

It’s taking care of placing the typographically correct quotes and
dashes—such as these—when I type ‘'’ or a series of dashes.

When I don’t want this to happen I first hit ‘C-q’ before typing ‘'’,
‘"’, or ‘-’.  Modifying these characters depending on context is all
typopunct does by default, and without any additional configuration.

~~ Ricardo