Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ffb6ce 5/5: Quoting fixes in lisp/internationa

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ffb6ce 5/5: Quoting fixes in lisp/internationa
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 07:51:24 -0700

isn't startup done before processing .emacs?

Yes, but (after my recent change) Emacs also looks at text-quoting-style after processing .emacs, and adjusts the display style accordingly.

I don't yet have `text-quoting-style' in my .emacs

Please try adding (setq text-quoting-style 'grave) there.

I've not seen any shadowed quotes on my screen no matter
what I've done.

Please try loading the attached file; after it, every occurrence of X, Y and Z on your screen should appear in different faces that are readily legible. If faces aren't working for you, we need to investigate why.