Re: RCS: (vc-next-action 1) only New Backend

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: RCS: (vc-next-action 1) only New Backend
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 11:31:50 +0200

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > I seem to remember that some RCS-only features were debated and possibly
   > dropped at that time because ESR (along with a lot of others) were not
   > terribly sympathetic towards complicating the generic framework because
   > of the possibility of its continued use (mostly expected to be due to
   > nostalgia).  Indeed, I switched to using Git even for private one-person
   > projects a long time ago myself.

   > So I would not be terribly surprised if Eric happened not to be overly
   > enthusiastic about reintroducing RCS-only functionality that was weeded
   > out for reasons of practicality.

Thanks for that upgrade. I am a bit confused: I thought the actual
maintainer of vc is  Andre Spiegel <address@hidden>, although I know
that vc was/is Eric's brainchild.

Be it as it may, I have tons of files under RCS, so I am not very keen
to try to migrate them to git. I might give it a try and use the old vc
package Xemacs still ships, but it might not be possible....