Re: On the popularity of git

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: On the popularity of git
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 14:43:45 +0100

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:

> 40 msg/day would be ridiculously high for this subscriber.

That's messages, not threads, so a few threads to silence if they disturb you.

> If you silence the threads, you miss the issues.

If you push them to other lists, so do you. I don't read gnu-emacs-help, for example.

> Keeping on topic is a good practice.

It's also impossible in the long run.

> I'd like to urge everyone now to recall the "looking for the new maintainer" thread, and the low number of volunteers.

Which is unrelated to this list's traffic, and more related to the vagueness of the job's description and the scarcity of suitable developers.