Re: On the popularity of git

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: On the popularity of git
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:25:09 +0100

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

> think most of us would prefer the experiment to end with John's position
> as maintainer confirmed.

As would I, in case there's any doubt.

> As one of the people to blame for
> starting it, I think it is a reasonable request from our
> (trial-)maintainer to stop it,

It is. It is also reasonable not to expect compliance if some people just disagree with the request.

> Personally, I think it would be a good thing for this thread to end,
> now.

I think it is now more relevant than ever. We're now discussing not git, but emacs-devel nettiquete and the dangers and pitfalls of the maintainership. What could be more on-topic? ;-)