Re: tags-loop-continue

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tags-loop-continue
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 20:31:47 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 20:26:19 +0300
>
> On 01/14/2016 08:17 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > Not sure what you mean by "our progress".
>
> I've asked for the list of commands without equivalents in the previous
> emails.

Did I now answer that?

> >> Anything else we need for completeness?
> >
> > I guess dired-do-query-replace-regexp is the other one (bound to 'Q'
> > in Dired).
>
> Why not let the user call dired-do-search, and then press `r'?

Because people who used to have 'Q' will want to press it and get what
they are used to, I guess.

IOW, I think we should avoid gratuitously breaking backward
compatibility.  Can we have faithful emulations of these commands' UI,
bound to the same keys, just working differently under the hood?