Re: Is it time to drop ChangeLogs?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is it time to drop ChangeLogs?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 22:33:57 +0200

> From: Nikolaus Rath <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:08:09 -0800
>
> Please do not Cc me on replies, I am reading the list.

That's the standard way of replying to a message: to the From address
and to the CC address.  I edited out yours this time, but I cannot
afford doing that every time; if you want not to receive direct
replies, you will have to configure your MUA to insert the necessary
headers (like Mail-followups-to etc.).

> > ChangeLog is updated in the same commit as the code, so cherry-picking
> > brings them both to the other branch.  Or maybe I misunderstand what
> > you mean by "the later commit"?
>
> We are talking about the case were the ChangeLog entry / original commit
> message was incorrect and need to be corrected later (in the "later
> commit").

Apologies for my misunderstanding.