Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 12:44:10 +0200

On 2016-07-06, at 01:03, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>   >  Using
>   > Org-mode, I can select a project and configure org-mode in a way that
>   > it would generate a time report and a summary of my work. That report
>   > could then be exported in a convenient file format and be given to my
>   > client.
>
> Since projects generally have different files (or even different
> directories), the usual Emacs way to handle this would be that if you
> visit something in one project and look for the todo list, you get
> that project's todo list.

With Org, it is simple to implement.  In fact, I coded something like
this some time ago, using file-local variables; switching to
directory-local variables or a similar device should be easy.

OTOH, an "Org way" (if there is something like that at all) could be
have e.g. many projects in one Org file, and have links to the projects'
directories.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski