Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 18:30:35 -0400

  > > Why would you want to convert a todo list into HTML or PDF?
  > > I just don't see the utility.

  > To share it with others in paper form.

I have never wanted to do that with my todo lists.
I just don't see the utility of doing it.

If you find it useful, by all means do it.
I am not arguing that you shouldn't be able to do this,
or that Emacs shouldn't facilitate it.
If you are trying to argue with me about that, you're missing the point.

Rather, I am an example of many users (I'm sure we are many) who don't
want to print out our todo lists, and the point is this: with us,
building a mode for editing todo lists on top of something for
printing out formatted files is unnatural.

I think the todo editing features should be presented as someting
simple and self-contained.

If they also work with structured editing designed for export, I see
nothing wrong with that.  But they should not be presented to users
as something based on the structured editing for export.

--
Dr Richard Stallman