Re: debbugs tracker builds character

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: debbugs tracker builds character
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 21:48:34 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> Here's one example:
>
> https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-via-commit-messages/
>
> I don't think you can do anything like this using debbugs.

Why not? This seems to be rather a feature of the repository. If you
configure the (Emacs) git repository that it detects "Fixes #45"
patterns in the commit message, then it needs just an email to
address@hidden with "close 45" in the body. Something, which
could be done by the commit-msg or post-commit scripts.

I'm not arguing to install this just now. But debbugs wouldn't be a
barrier to do it. No special debbugs configuration needed.

Best regards, Michael.