Re: Development suggestions from an ENSIME developer

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Development suggestions from an ENSIME developer
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 01:04:04 +0300

On 07/21/2016 11:22 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Also, I think the solution should support text-mode browsers, such as
Lynx or Emacs's eww on TTY frames.  IOW, anything that requires GUI
and won't work otherwise is probably out of question to begin with.
(This requirement is not for me personally.)

Hopefully a pull-request can appear as a Git branch, so the maintainer
who can't or doesn't want to use a browser can use "git diff/merge" and
such to view and accept a pull-request.

There is always a branch associated with the request, yes. And also, when you merge the branch using the command line and push, that closes the pull/merge request automatically.

(BTW, in Gitlab parlance these are called "merge requests", not "pull requests", since, unlike on Github, the branch-to-merge is always in the same repository).

To review/comment on a pull-request, you'll need something else, and
typically this is a web UI.  Most/all of those are pretty much unusable in
something like eww/lynx.  But there's a good chance someone can code up
an ad-hoc Emacs interface to the system (something like sx.el).

A brief search of existing projects points to https://github.com/nlamirault/emacs-gitlab.

It doesn't seem to support commenting on pull requests so far, though, and we might have to add a "standard" UI instead of ones using Helm or Ivy.