Re: Development suggestions from an ENSIME developer

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Development suggestions from an ENSIME developer
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 10:28:30 -0400

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> It should at least have a google-like search field that lets one
> quickly search for bugs based on subject line, bug id or the full text of discussions, so one does not have to
> master any field-based searching initially.

That it does have, look near the end of the page.

​Good.  The results seem to come back reasonably quickly as well.​

​I would suggest the following for the web interface:
  - the full text search field ​be added to the home page and be near the top so casual users find it right away and everyone can use it quickly with navigating to a separate page
  - that the status/pending of the issue be displayed (right now only severity is displayed)
  - that there be an easy way to navigate from a full text search result connected to a specific bug
    to a place where a new comment can be added or a status can be changed (with the appropriate authority)

Bob