About desktop file

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: About desktop file
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 10:31:41 +0200

The 'desktop' file is very useful but sometimes it remembers too many things..

Suppose I am using "foo" font in my init.el file:

(set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "foo 13" )
(set-frame-font "foo 13" nil t)

and that I am working with many buffers. Now suppose I change the font to use 'bar' font:

(set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "bar13" )
(set-frame-font "bar 13" nil t)

When I restart Emacs, it loads the buffers with the old 'foo' font. Usually, to have the buffers with the new font, I remove the desktop file and reload manually the working buffers.

Is there a way to do this differently?

My opinion is that desktop file should remember cursor position, working buffers, their visiting modes, searched word, frame geometry-position etc. not the font how buffers are displayed and similar.

Ciao,
Angelo.