Re: Issues marked as fixed in 25.2

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Issues marked as fixed in 25.2
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 23:19:04 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> Btw, it's exactly this sort of confusion that I wanted to avoid by using a
> 3-branch scheme (current release target, next minor, next major).
>
> The 2-branch scheme we have now makes this sort of confusion a regular part of
> ongoing development, because we'll always encounter the case where a fix on
> 'master' ends up becoming part of the next release, ahead of whichever version
> master was marked as at the time the bug was fixed.

I don't think there was much confusion amongst most of the developers.

If you take a poll, I think you'll find that most of us assumed that
"master" would end up as 26.1, and were just wondering when somebody was
going to get around to running the numbering script.  (And prodding
gently.  Perhaps too gently.)