Re: html, css, and js modes working together

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: html, css, and js modes working together
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 03:12:28 +0200

On 12.02.2017 18:52, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I've appended the current code.

Thanks.

Maybe all of this should just be done by pulling mmm-mode into Emacs?

Hmm, now that I'm looking at the commit stats in there, there are two main developers we only need to contact for copyright assignments, or maybe just one if Alan Thomas Shutko <address@hidden> is the same person as Alan Shutko <address@hidden>.

And both of them were responsive 4 years ago when we moved the repository. Not sure why I assumed this can't be done, previously.

To answer the actual question, using mmm-mode would not help this approach immediately, since it's a minor mode, not a tool for constructing derived modes, but the work to change it into the latter should be straightforward (though probably not effortless) if we make such decision.

It might be good for ideas and/or stealing code either way.