Re: HowTo: Search emacs-devel using gnus

From: raman
Subject: Re: HowTo: Search emacs-devel using gnus
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 08:19:04 -0800

Stepping back, given that gmane.org is run  by folks likely friendlier
to the cause of accessing Web  documents independent of one or two
mainstream browsers, perhaps we should step back and design a good
RESTful API, rather than scraping HTML as one is usually forced to do
when dealing with other Web sites.

At the end of the day, this list/newsgroup along with other related
groups should be geared toward speeding up development of Free Software,
and if that requires good APIs rather than time spent scraping HTML, I
hope we can pick the former.