url-auth-tests hang if authinfo is encrypted

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: url-auth-tests hang if authinfo is encrypted
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 20:20:44 +0100

Hello,

My ~/.authinfo is encrypted to ~/.authinfo.gpg; consequently,
url-auth-tests hangs, waiting for a password that never comes. If I
decrypt the file to ~/.authinfo then the test succeeds.

Is there anyway the test could be made to prompt the user to enter the
password? Failing that then perhaps the test ought to fail cleanly when
~/.authinfo.gpg is found.

Encrypting the ~/.authinfo is quite common, I believe.

Thanks,

Colin.