Re: url-auth-tests hang if authinfo is encrypted

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: url-auth-tests hang if authinfo is encrypted
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 10:53:21 -0400

On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 20:20:44 +0100 Colin Baxter <address@hidden> wrote:

CB> My ~/.authinfo is encrypted to ~/.authinfo.gpg; consequently,
CB> url-auth-tests hangs, waiting for a password that never comes. If I
CB> decrypt the file to ~/.authinfo then the test succeeds.

CB> Is there anyway the test could be made to prompt the user to enter the
CB> password? Failing that then perhaps the test ought to fail cleanly when
CB> ~/.authinfo.gpg is found.

CB> Encrypting the ~/.authinfo is quite common, I believe.

I think the user's personal setup shouldn't affect the tests.

The solution can be either automatic (auth-source knows it's inside a
test, or EPG doesn't try to decrypt in a test environment) or explicit
(tests override `auth-sources' and/or EPG). For the automatic
option, I can add the code to auth-source if anyone can suggest how to
tell it's inside a test environment.

Maybe others can think of other options?

Ted