Re: Language Servers and Emacs

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Language Servers and Emacs
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 09:07:39 -0400

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 14:33:07 +0530 Vibhav Pant <address@hidden>
wrote:
> I have been working on an emacs implementation for the past few
> months: https://github.com/vibhavp/emacs-lsp
> It integrates with eldoc, completion-at-point, xref and flycheck.
> Coupling it with various CEDET components (ECB comes to mind) is
> planned for the future.
>
> At some point, I'd like to get this into ELPA.

That looks very cool! However, your warning on the web site
makes it sound like it is not ready to be used. (I.e. you say "This
package is still under development, and is not recommended for daily
use.") Is that just an abundance of caution?

And how hard is it to add support for other clients/languages besides
Go and Rust? (Some instructions in the repository might make it
easier for people to help bringing this up to speed...)

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden