Re: Smoother macOS touchpad scrolling

From: Charles A. Roelli
Subject: Re: Smoother macOS touchpad scrolling
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 20:10:59 +0200

With macOS 10.6, I haven't found Emacs scrolling with the touchpad to
be too unusual, maybe just a bit clunky.  Wouldn't the following code
also affect 10.6?

> +(when (featurep 'cocoa)
> +  (setq mouse-wheel-scroll-amount '(1 ((shift) . 5) ((control))))
> +  (setq mouse-wheel-progressive-speed nil))

Also, won't these variable changes make Customize report that their
values were "changed outside Customize"?

Thanks for working on this improvement.  I wish I could try out the
patch on a newer version of macOS, but I lack the time lately.