Re: Git help please - checking out old commit doesn't find lib/gnulib.mk

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Git help please - checking out old commit doesn't find lib/gnulib.mk.in.
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 22:17:07 -0500

> This works as long as we remember to remove the build products *before*
> we switch to another revision and then perform a full rebuild. A bit
> draconian.

No: it can work as long as the "other revision" has followed the
principle correctly (i.e. it removes the files that *it* needs to be
removed).  But indeed, my description was too optimistic (it probably
needs to remove not just the files that it would auto-generate, but
also additional files that it wouldn't auto-generate yet (if
present) would be used anyway).

        Stefan