Re: poplife-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: poplife-mode
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:20:15 -0500

> AFAICT, it's the only way, with your approach, to see
> the region you will act on get highlighted.  Are you
> relegating your approach to menus that don't have items
> that act on the region?

My suggestion is for a context menu.  I.e. a menu of things to apply
locally.  Nothing specifically to do with the region.  The region is but
one particular kind of "local" thing (and the down-mouse-3 event is not
necessarily placed near the region).  I don't expect that the region
would/will be the main use of this functionality.

        Stefan