RE: Changing default mouse bindings

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Changing default mouse bindings
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:47:20 -0800 (PST)

> > > I think Drew was talking about other Windows applications,
> > > and I very much doubt that we want to fix bugs in those ;-)
> >
> > Other Windows apps, AS WELL as Emacs, yes.  Emacs fits
> > Windows here, which is what Windows users expect.
>
> No, in Emacs the menu pops up at down-mouse-3, at least by default.
> E.g., try C-mouse-3 in "emacs -Q": the menu pops up even if you don't
> release the button, and the echo area says "C-down-mouse-3-".

You're right; my bad.

It is my redefinition of `mouse-save-then-kill' that pops
up the menu if you click `mouse-3' in the same spot.   So
that conflicts with the standard Emacs behavior.

My goal was to accommodate the normal Emacs `mouse-3'
behavior completely, letting you extend the region, kill
it, etc. - no change whatsoever to the vanilla `mouse-3'
behavior, unless you click `mouse-3' twice at the same
spot.