Re: windows installer

From: Jostein Kjønigsen
Subject: Re: windows installer
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 09:46:47 +0100

Let's pause and take a look at the high level overview of what we have here:

Right now I can see there's quite a lot of bike-shedding about just what a portable installer *is*, and what it should *do*. My impression was that there's a standard definition, established conventions and that this really not being a matter open for debate? But I may be wrong and  as such I guess some discussion is good.

Right now though there's so much discussion about the portable installer to the point that I can't find any other discussion about the main installer at all.

And considering how the portable installer most likely is going to be used by a minority of Windows-users, and that it directly depends on the work on the main Windows-installer to be deliverable at all... To me that seems very much like the wrong way to go about things.

So could we all please focus on getting the main, normal Windows-installer landed before detouring into how we want the portable installer to differ and how to best achieve that?

(And once again: Stellar work Phillip! Really appreciated!)

--
Vennlig hilsen
Jostein Kjønigsen

address@hidden 🍵 address@hidden