Re: git history tracking across renames (and emacs support)

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: git history tracking across renames (and emacs support)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 17:31:57 +0000

(Sorry about the triple subject message. Gnus did it! I blame Lars!)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:42:02 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
>>
>> Emacs does not produce the format mechanically, unless you know the
>> right commands. It's IMHO a pain to learn them.

EZ> There's only one command: "C-x 4 a".

I think that's not entirely accurate. It sort of works for most cases
from a single file. But it opens a ChangeLog file, not a commit entry,
which is really odd. And it has many other special behaviors (e.g.
doesn't regenerate entries if the code changes).

But it could open a *mode* where users can interact with the commit
message, as you and Clément suggested.

Ted