Re: Use of "Action stamps" in commit messages

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Use of "Action stamps" in commit messages
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:10:41 -0500

On 07/13/2018 02:30 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I think generating the RFC3339 time stamps is more error-prone than
> the "normal" date/time, especially if you copy/paste the latter from
> the Git log.

Could we make it easier to generate an action stamp from the commit ID
or from a position in a VC log buffer when editing a later commit
message? The idea is to have something that is easier and more reliable
than the current process, where I manually convert the timestamp format
and time zone. I'm not surprised that others don't want to bother with
doing that.