Re: Use of "Action stamps" in commit messages

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Use of "Action stamps" in commit messages
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:08:56 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:10:41 -0500
>
> Could we make it easier to generate an action stamp from the commit ID
> or from a position in a VC log buffer when editing a later commit
> message?

What UI did you have in mind?  Something like "with point on a Git
SHA1 or the result of 'git describe', invoke a command that will
replace those with an action stamp"?  If so, I think it would be nice
to have that, yes.

While at that: what should we do with SHA1 signatures added
automatically by the likes of "git cherry-pick -x"?  Use -xe and
invoke the above hypothetical command?  Something else?