Re: The netsec thread

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: The netsec thread
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:00:12 +0200

Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong <address@hidden> writes:

> Woooo I like this bikeshedding :) Thanks in advance for checking out
> the netsec branch. Just a heads up tho, I plan to push my OCSP stuff
> this weekend, let me know if you prefer me doing it before or after
> your review.

Just go ahead with your work; there's no need to synchronise with me.
:-)

> Abobut the issued to and issued by, there are a couple of reasons I
> just dumped out the the whole DN, mainly because of DV, OV and EV
> certs put different and sometime irrelevent things in the RDNs. But
> obvious, current iteration isn't ideal either. Perhaps I should sort
> the RDNs, and always outpunt CN=...O=...OU=.... in that order, and
> properly wrap them.

Well, I think that most of those data points are of virtually no
interest to the end user, so they shouldn't be displayed at all (in the
non-detailed view).  I.e., I think the way the current NSM displays
those data points is fine.  (But then I would, wouldn't I? :-))