Re: The netsec thread

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: The netsec thread
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 17:54:25 +0100

On Mon 23 Jul 2018, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Andy Moreton <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> You have not understood what I meant: the existing code is buggy. It is
>> supposed to allow the user to press a limited number of keys to decide
>> what to do with the presented certificate. however if you press any
>> other key, the NSM gets stuck and you have to quit with ^G to kill it.
>
> That sounds like a bug.  When I hit a different key it just says that
> it's an invalid key and I can then hit the right key.
>
> Do you have a test case?

I've seen this with gnus when reading blog articles from gmane.org,
where the article has several images, and this in init.el:

    (setq gnutls-algorithm-priority "normal")
    (setq gnutls-min-prime-bits nil)

    (require 'nsm)
    (setq network-security-level 'high)
    (setq nsm-save-host-names    t)

For some article it prompts for each image for a certificate. The
message in the echo erea obscures the next question in the minibuffer,
and any keypress other than the expeced ones seems to send it into a
busy loop that is only fixed by quitting with ^G.

This is on Windows 10 with 64bit emacs (mingw64 MSYS2) built from either
emacs-26 or master.

    AndyM