Re: regex.c simplification

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: regex.c simplification
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 17:17:23 -0700

On 07/21/2018 12:17 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:
There's still the alternative which I asked about a couple of days
ago: use the Gnulib regexp without the additional code pulled in by
mbrtowc, I hope that's a viable option.

Yes, I've built that and am testing it. I plan to report back soon.

I tested it a bit, simplified the regex code on the Emacs side, and sent a new set of patches here:

https://bugs.gnu.org/32194#11

This eliminates about 2500 lines of Emacs C source code, yeay! More improvement could be done, but it is getting time to merge in what I've got.