Re: Some developement questions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Some developement questions
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 16:59:56 +0300

> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: Ergus <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 16:39:49 +0100
>
> >> I thing there should be also an emacs tutorial centered only in text
> >> editing, because the basic tutorial is too simple in that field.
> >
> > If someone would like to write such a tutorial, and does a good job,
> > I'm sure it will be welcome.
>
> I did write a new tutorial which was designed for to come from the
> perspective of a new user of today.
>
> My hope was to do something a bit more intelligent with it -- with some
> screen shots and rich text, as well as highlighting for menu items, so I
> wrote it in org-mode. Alas I haven't had the time to actually integrate
> it into Emacs.
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/phillord/emacs-tutorial/master/tutorial.org
>
> If someone has the time to do the integration it's nearly ready to
> go. To my mind, updating the tutorial would be a good thing just because
> it would give the impression that it is updateable, rather than a thing
> set in stone.

Thanks.  That tutorial looks like a somewhat expanded version of our
TUTORIAL; e.g., it has almost the same scope in terms of Emacs
features.  I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that we were talking about a
tutorial for the next step -- for those who have read the original
TUTORIAL and want to learn about more advanced issues related to text
editing.