RE: User interaction from multiple threads

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: User interaction from multiple threads
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2018 15:30:42 -0700 (PDT)

> > So we will need to have machine learning in Emacs for this to work
> > satisfactorily?
>
> That would depend on what one is satisfied with.  Generally, well, why
> shouldn't an editor or other software learn about the preferences and
> the behaviour of its user and thus become able to yield a better usage
> experience and better support with the work the user is using the
> software to do?
>
> Thinking of it, I much prefer software that kinda does that already;
> only it doesn't do that by itself, so I have to do it --- by setting
> preferences, writing my own functions, defining my own key bindings, for
> example.  I wouldn't need to do all that if the software could figure it
> out by itself.

Do you imagine that there is a policy here to exclude what you're asking
for? On the contrary. Patches for such enhancements are welcome, I'm
sure. Emacs development is by volunteers, such as yourself. You've
helped already by offering thoughts about various things. There are lots
of ways to help. Contributing ideas or code for the kind of thing you're
asking for would be great.