Re: Flymake, compilation-mode lighters very noisy

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Flymake, compilation-mode lighters very noisy
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 20:16:23 +0000

Flymake, though, delegates the work to the function
‘flymake--mode-line-format’, which is pretty involved (110 lines of
code). Not much I can do with that, as a user, except copy-pasting
that function into my init.el with a minor change.

Thoughts?

Flymake is reasonably new and untested. I'm glad I made eglot a gateway to testing it and suggesting improvements.

To your point, propose a way to break up that function. What variable and what semantics would you like to see? Would it be enough for a variable to state the minimum severity you would want to always see, even with zero occurance? In your case you would set it somewhere above "error".... If you read closely you'll find it's now at "warning", though indeed hardcoded.

And let me know over at GitHub how eglot is working out, too...

João